Baby Plattys

rachelh1

Reaction score
Hiya I have currently got approx 80 baby plattys left, between 3 weeks old. every other day one has been dying and today 4 have died. They are in a seperate breeding tank and i am feeding them on finely crushed flake food. I have checked my water and everything seems fine with all the levels. Am i doing something wrong or is it normal for a few fish to day in the first few weeks of their life?

A few of the fry that are nearly 6 weeks old have just started to show a little black stripe down their sides, how old are they when they develop their colurs? Also at what age are they sexable.

Just one more question, what size would you reccomend them growing to before I put them in the main tank or take them to the pet shop?

Thanks in advance, im new to all this.

Okay, how big is the tank? Can you list the water levels? The reason livebeares have so many babies is becasue not all will make it. I wouldnt worry to much about it. They get their color at around 6 weeks. Also, if i remeber right, around 4-6 months they mature?

Hiya I have currently got approx 80 baby plattys left, between 3 weeks old. every other day one has been dying and today 4 have died. They are in a seperate breeding tank and i am feeding them on finely crushed flake food. I have checked my water and everything seems fine with all the levels. Am i doing something wrong or is it normal for a few fish to day in the first few weeks of their life?

A few of the fry that are nearly 6 weeks old have just started to show a little black stripe down their sides, how old are they when they develop their colurs? Also at what age are they sexable.

Just one more question, what size would you reccomend them growing to before I put them in the main tank or take them to the pet shop?

Thanks in advance, im new to all this.
it is not normal for fry dying this way and then 4 dying in 1 day. ther is something wrong with your water or fish.

Okay, how big is the tank? Can you list the water levels? The reason livebeares have so many babies is becasue not all will make it. I wouldnt worry to much about it. They get their color at around 6 weeks. Also, if i remeber right, around 4-6 months they mature?

I believe they come into sexual maturaty aroud 4 months.

I could sex my platies even before they were 1cm long. Just look out for the tucked up fins for males. Add them to your main tank when they're too big to fit into the adults mouths (Probably the best way to to determine when they're ready.)

Most reactions

Back