Baby Frontosa'S

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
Had my delivery of Juvi Frontosa's this morning, 8am delivery!! Very cold, no heat pack!! But alive, to be honest when I took them out of the box, I thought Id been sent the wrong fish, they looked like Juvi Jurupari, they were so pale! Anyway, after acclimatising, I have just released them and got some quick piccies, they are about 4cm in size and have coloured right up after some warming up.

P1030916.jpg

P1030917.jpg

P1030918.jpg

P1030919.jpg

P1030920.jpg

P1030922.jpg

P1030923.jpg

P1030924.jpg

Five little chaps in total, currently finding their way around, being hasseled by the rainbows and bala sharks (rainbows being rehomed this weekend, Balas in a couple of weeks)

Now Ive got to go out and find some rocks suitable for their set up.

:hyper: waow!!! Gorgeous!! Do you know what strain they are? Where did you get them from? Really hope the grow in quick :) How are they doing with the Sev? Any danger of them being eaten?

they are 6 striped Frontosa's (what that means Ive no idea!) I assume just regular blue fronts. Got them from (of all places) an ebay seller, aquaticstoyourdoor (also have a website) £8 each plus postage. I dont think they are in danger of being eaten, particularly as they are semi nocturnal therefore wont be sleeping to be eaten overnight - fingers crossed, currently have chosen an area and are hanging out together fairly happily.

Ive been to B&Q, Wicks, cant find anything suitable to make a rock/cave structure, I dont know where else to go, LFS's all have nothing suitable, cant use Ocean rock or slate as its too sharp and apparently not good for fronts. Arrghhhhhhhh.

i couldnt find suitable rocks for them so put in big old terracotta jugs and plantpots, bogwood caves etc..they seem to love it, just cant get over how fast my biggest grows!

Thanks spish, will get some more terracotta pots, threw all my old ones away :rolleyes:

What are yours feeding on? Ive got staple pellets/tetra prima, lots of frozen foods too, anything else I need?

Well these guys arent shy or skittish as I was led to believe :D Merrily roaming around the tank as a group of course and have had their first feed, apparently they like tetra prima and veggie crisps :D Added lots of caves, but they dont seem interested in them, too busy nosing around. Now if I could just stop the rainbows dive bombing at them, no idea why they are, think they are just curious as to what they are!! Will try to get some decent pics up later, once the tank lights go on :)

Mags ,you have no idea how jealous i am !!
they are beautiful and since i can`t accomodate any i`ll be drooling over yours as they grow :)
take lots of piccies!
lots a love
shelagh xxx

Oh No, Ive just turned on the tank lights and noticed one of the babies is missing an eye! Have contacted seller, but I dont know how well he will do with a missing eye!! :(

Congrats Mags they look great,
I wouldn't worry too much about the loss of the eye, it really shouldn't effect the front too much, and if its active and eating then its obviously not in too much trouble

Thanks for the reassurance Davo, it does look a little red around the socket where the eye is missing so will keep an eye on him and hope it doesnt get any worse, otherwise he seems as active as the other 4.

Thanks for the reassurance Davo, it does look a little red around the socket where the eye is missing so will keep an eye on him and hope it doesnt get any worse, otherwise he seems as active as the other 4.

Oh Its a little odd the eye is red? sort of suggests its quite a recent injury?
But i'm sure it should heal up fine

Its red around where the eye should be, not actually inside where the eye was. I dont know if it is one of the two that came in the same bag, 3 where in seperate bags, 2 in one bag! No idea why. Pretty sure it hasnt happened since going into the tank, I only noticed as I put the lights on, otherwise you wouldnt see it in the dark.

mine are in with my oscars and black belts minx (not a 'normal' combination i know!) so the fronts get what the others eat, pellets both sinking and floating, veggys, wafers and the odd handfuls of shrimps etc

Most reactions

Back