Babies!

Jdubz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My last surviving female dropped some babies about 20 mins ago, was looking for another fish when i saw it swimming around a pot i got in there!!!

only got 4 but they are little cuties, forgot how cute they were since i last bred them:

Babies.jpg

Its a bit weird i lost 4 fish and gained 4!!

Jake :good:

Congratz on the new additions :)

When I used to keep fish ... Mollies and Guppies ... they were always having babies :lol:

Congrats JDubz. I always love a new drop with all its excitement.
I am hoping to see some mollies in my birthing tank soon. The female is getting very squared up and heavy looking and last month she gave me about 30 nice ones.

This came as a complete surprise, i bought a breeding trap for my female fighter so i could put her in the male tank while i was getting problems with all my other fish in the tank when i saw something move at the surface, looks like i got to get some more supplies later,

also the female that dropped them passed away last night.

only got a green cobra male now,

Jake

That is not really true JDubz. You have the best possible group of guppies. That is the fry that you can recover and keep as a separate drop moving toward the future.

That is not really true JDubz. You have the best possible group of guppies. That is the fry that you can recover and keep as a separate drop moving toward the future.

I'm a bit confused with the responce lol soz

they are so small sometimes they confuse u. maybe the female dropped more

ive checked there are only 4 babies in the tank i moved all the ferns and moss and can't spot anymore,

Going to get some more females at the end of the month,deffo going to quarentine them first dont want another disese outbreak

Jake :rolleyes:

Simply said, you do not just have a green cobra, you have 4 fry too. I find that fish born in my tanks often do much better than fish brought home from the LFS. I am not sure if it is the stress of long distance shipping or what it is. The fish I get at the local club auctions are just as tough in my tanks as the ones that I breed so I don't think it is just that they were born in my water and are used to it.

ahh cool i got you now was having a bit of a blonde moment.

Jake

heres a 2 1/2 week update...

Still got all four guppies and they are going great,2 of them have yellow/green at the base of their tails :)

pic:
babies2weeks.jpg

This is my surviving male Barry:
Barry2.jpg

wish he was the dad there is loads of sparkle in him!

what are you feeding the babies that they are so large? I've been feeding 3-4 times a day alternating between crushed bloodworms and normal flakes.
I need them to be big enough to go into the main 10 gal by next week..does anyone think thats possible? they will be three weeks by then.

Looking good JDubz. If you stay on top of feedings and water changes their growth will continue to be awesome.

Most reactions

Back