Babies

rfisher

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All,

Last night my Silver mollie had approx 10 babies :D . She kind of caught me a little unaware. I have some powdered fry food but they really didnt seem all that interested in it this morning. I am going to get some Liquid fry food lunchtime. Just wondering what people would recommend or is there really only one or two suppliers.

Thanks, Rich

I think it sometimes takes them a day or so before they're really interested in eating. I feed mine the liquifry for about the first week, then the hikari first bites powedered food until they're big enough to eat flake food and frozen worms, etc.

You can always try hatching some brine shrimp eggs, molly fry love chasing the little wigglers about!

Small brine shrimp is a good idea but you can also crush flake food to an almost powdery consistency. It work for guppy fry.

best of luck

I've never used Liquid fry food. Molly fry are fairly big as Livebearer fry go, so I go right for small live/frozen foods, crushed flakes, and occasionally fry food. They'll eat pretty much anything. Though sometimes they are a bit scared to eat if you are right there, so you might want to back away until they become more comfortable. :good:

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. It must have been me watching them that put them off becuase as soon as I got far enough that they couldnt see me they wolfed it all down.

Thanks,

rich

Most reactions

Back