Atc-300 Help Needed

rob00120

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi can any one help i have an ATC-300 i fitted it 1 week ago i have it set at 25c but it never goes below 26.2c i even unpluged the heater and it never went down it went up from 27.4c to 27.8c it does go down to 26.2c in earley hours i have pluged the heater back in but the heat light on the ATC-300 and the heater do not not come on does any one else have this problem could it be the fluval 305 heating up i know the lights make it warmer the longer you have them on also does any one know how to set the timer switch on the ATC-300 thankyou for any help ???

i bought 2 of these to control 2 titanium non thermostat heaters. the controller didnt shut the heaters off on either one causing my tank to heat up to 30 degrees. it was set at 26 degrees with a fluctuation alarm after 2 degrees. every night the alarms were sounding waking us up :angry: so i took them back to the lfs who sent them back to the manufacturer for testing. both controllers were on the same tank and both read different temps.... not just by a very minimal amount either sometimes 2-3 degrees :crazy:

this left me heater less so i went and bought a pair of 300w rena smart heaters. it was either that or let the fish chill!!!!! it was sent back with a note saying there was no fault with the controller (atc-300). clearly there was something wrong either with the heaters or the controller but as the heaters were heating it must have been the atc-300 at fault or the 2 items werent compatable with each other.

whatever the reason i lost all faith in the controller and they have sat in a box since. they sound a great idea on paper but only if they work and are reliable which i found they arent.

the timer switch is for extra items such as lighting etc. there is no timer for the heaters which makes sense really as when do you know that your tank needs heat? :unsure: this is what the probes are suppose to detect.

i would just stick with normal heaters from now on with built in thermostats.

hi thanks for your reply
i tested it i set the temp high and the alarm sounded and the heater light went on then i set the temp low and the alarm sounded and the heater light went off so it is fully working i have a fluval g 300w heater i got the atc-300 because i dont want to get up 1 day and find all my fish boiled becaust the heater has got stuck on
the temp went down to 25.9c last night i just wanted to no what is keeping the water warm if it is not the heater and will i have to get a fan under the hood to cool the water in the summer
and i wanted to no how to program the light timer as there is no were to set the time thank you for looking

how warm is the room the tank is in? the heater will only come on when required so if its in a warm environment then the heater is used much less.

i wouldnt waste money on a fan for the summer as in the UK we dont have summers :sad: just the odd hot day or 2! i wouldnt worry too much about that as the fish will handle warmer temps for short periods.

it can get quite warm in my liveing room i am on the secound floor so the heat from down stairs may cause it to be warmer but there is 9" of concreat between us
on a sunday it gets very hot in my liveing room but the temp does not go up very much thanks for replying rob

Most reactions

Back