Artificial Anemones/corals

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
Does anyone have any artificial corals/anemones in their tank? I am thinking it would nice to have a couple for my clown, in case he wants to use one. I don't know how fake they'll look though and I don't want to have the "neon gravel and bubbling treasure chest" look.
Thanks!

Clown will not touch them, what lighting do you have in your tank? Could get a couple of softies or summin but even if you were able to keep anemones there is no guarantees that the clown will pair up

Personally, I would not touch anything like that (although I have never seen any??), risk of breakdown and leeching possibly...

my clowns won't even take too my real anemones, They would never mess with a fake one. If your tank conditions are set up for it I would purchuse a anemone with a clown already in it. that's a good way to know they are paired already!=) goodluck.

if you add artificial decor to your tank more than likely it will get covered with unwanted algea. all clowns are different and some will host in things and others will not.

My lighting sucks... just a 15 watt bulb... not even 1 watt per gallon, so real ones are a no-go. I just thought they preferred something like that, but if not I won't bother with it. So where do your clowns hang out/sleep?

Not sure if you can get some lowlite softies, maybe worth a search around. What spectrum is that bulb?

Clowns just swim around the tank, dont think they sleep :crazy:

clowns usually sleep up in a corner or on top of something , mine used to sit on my heater or the ball of cheato i had

mine usually bob along the top, artificial corals/anenomes are usually made of a jelly like substance and look incredibly tacky!

Mine spends all day in / around a torch coral, but generally sleeps on one of the powerheads.

Upgrading the lighting might be your best bet...

Mine spends all day in / around a torch coral, but generally sleeps on one of the powerheads.

Upgrading the lighting might be your best bet...

What type of lighting is needed? How many watts per us gallon?

Josh

Can you tell us a bit more about your tank... flow / dimensions etc?
It is a 55 US Gallons tank
I have a powerhead

Any other information needed?

Current Lighting is 30 Watts total. .54 Watts per gallon.

Josh

a powerhead that does how many litres to the hour ......

.54 per gallon isnt enough for really many corals at all! i dunno even if mushrooms would like it, not entirely sure on that one though ...

edid: also! how deep is the tank?

Most reactions

Back