Arrrgghhh !

re_hashed

Reaction score
Morning,

Right, I'm getting really really annoyed with my plants at the moment. I'm very close to jacking this whole thing in as it's driving me around the bend !! The only reason why I've not is that I've spent to much money to just walk away, but I'm seriously considering it.

I'm not trying to do anything special, only got a smallish tank (23gl), got my eco-complete, lights, seachem stuff, Nutrafin Co2 everything that I think that I pretty much needed to get a half decent tank in place.

After loads of reading up on various plants, making sure that I got the correct ones for my light levels I made the purchace. I even bought myself some tweezers so that I can plant successfully.

Now I'm specifically talking about my forground ones : Crypt Becketii, Cryptocoryne Lucens, Pygmy Chain Sword

I've planted them, some of them acually pretty deep in the substrate, and they look a-ok when they're first planted.

I go upto bed, come down in the morning and 70% of them are floating around the top of my tank !!. I plant them again, go to work, come home 9 hours laters, and surprise surprise about 70% of them are floating at the top again !

I'm sure that it's not my fish that are pulling them up: few male guppies, neon tetras, cherry barbs, and some zebra dinos so I'm sure that it's not them going around pullin them up.

Obviously I can't put lead weights around the bottom of these small plants to hold them down - SO HOW DO I SUCCEED :shout: ??

????

Why not :p Its just harder. Or plant them through a net and put the net under the gravel.

i just planted it deeper .. put more sand around it til its well rooted .. i had the same plm and thats what i did

The net idea sounds top, Ive used fishing weights before (the plastic coated non toxic ones) & tied them on with a bit of fishing line for things ive needed to stop floating

Most reactions

Back