Arowna Pics

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cane76

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
im debating which one to choose for my new tank which will be roughly be 8x3x2.i would really like to see some pics of some blacks or reds but all pics are welcome thx :good: also what size tank you keep them in would be good :)

Heres some pics of my silver and jardini.

Before anyone asks no they are not in the same tank, the silver is around a foot long and is in a 200g tank and the jardini is around 20" long and in a 180g tank. Later this year the silver along with most of the other fish in the 200g will be upgraded to a 400g and the jardini will be moved to the 200g along with all the aggressive fish it shares with.

arowana_1.jpgarowana_2.jpg

BIG_jardini.jpg
jardini.jpg
jardini_headshot.jpg

if you want a great value for money asian aro then go for a Red tail gold if you want to spend more money like £1k+ then get a xback

forget red asian aros as most of the one forsale hear in the UK are crap

if you want to see what a 2yr old red tail gold looks like then go to MA in St Alburns as they now have my old Red tail gold and when you see that then your mind will be made up which to get a Red tail gold will cost you about £350

hears a pic of my old RTG with a few rays i sold pearls and a black diamond leopoldi

Attachments

• P4230008.JPG
    P4230008.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 49
such beautiful fish

ah well, one day I'll have a tank big enough!

nice pics guys red tails are very nice i must admit.t1karmann what are the fish in the back cornor of your pic?

nice pics guys red tails are very nice i must admit.t1karmann what are the fish in the back cornor of your pic?

they are the rarer type of silver dollers the black bar dollars

the pic is 18 months old and i had 14 of the dollars but the pearl rays were very aggressive feeder and ate 4 of them so i sold them on very fast 3 of them only had 1 eye after the rays got them they were very nice fish nicer than the average silver dollar or red hock but they eat alot and it was hard to get food past them to the rays

Most reactions

Back