The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
4571B91D-290D-4051-A15C-1B508160AE5E.jpeg

Just collected these , not sure what tree they are from possibly maple I don’t know lol assuming they are from a pest free place and will be cleaned are these leaves ok to use in a tank ?

View attachment 141531
Just collected these , not sure what tree they are from possibly maple I don’t know lol assuming they are from a pest free place and will be cleaned are these leaves ok to use in a tank ?
Hmmm....I don't think they are maple, but no idea...get a pic of the tree they came from?

Looking at plane tree and being in the uk I’m thinking they are plane tree leaves which are ok yeah ?

As long as they don't have pesticides or fertiliser sprayed near the tree; or a lot of pollution nearby (so not from a roadside for example) or have bird dropping or other animal excrement on them.

These are leaves from the Sycamore tree.
Sycamore is rounder. Could be a plane tree instead of Maple. Which is wierd, I didn't think there were any trees my father hadn't logged. I've never heard of a plane tree before though.

I'm pretty sure the OP is in the UK and we have plane trees here. The house across the road from us has two in the front garden and ours gets full of leaves which look like that every autumn.

Byron posted a link to a PFK article recently, here is it again. Plane leaves are at the bottom of the list in the article.

Most reactions

Back