Are these readings ok?

JamesP

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a 10 gallon tank for 4 weeks now and have 3 platy's. I did some tests yesterday and here are the results:

Ammonia - 0.25
Nitrate - 10
Nitrite - 1.5

Basically, I know that the ammonia and nitrite should be 0 but would I be ok to add a couple more fish?

Don't add any more fish until your Ammonia and nitrIte readings are 0, nitrAte will always be in your tank and should be no higher than 40. My advice would be to do 20% water changes every 2-3 days and keep testing the water,you could still get some nasty spikes. Once your at 0 Ammonia and 0 nitrIte then add a fish or 2 but not to many.

I agree with the abouve , do not add any more fish until you ammonia and nitrite are at 0, what fish do you want to add??? you have very limited options in a 10 gallon as is it quite a small space, what are the diamensions in you tank?

I too agree, Ammonia and nitrites should be 0 DO NOT add any more fish until they are

Seeing as how you only have a 10gallon you dont have much room tow ork with, WHat fish do you currently have in there and how many of each species.
oh sorry i see ow 3 platys. they will grow anywhere from 1.5 two 2 inches. maybe even a little larger with females. You have 3 of them thats basically 6 inches, in a 10 gallon tank. you really can't get too much more,

Most reactions

Back