Are Snails A Sign Of A Dirty Tank

crackmonkey

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My discus tank is infested with snails, you can even see snail eggs in there. Im just wondering if its a sign of dirtyness. I do around a 30 - 40% water change every week and run a external filter that is suited for a much bigger tank and also the juwel built in filter, water is very clear.

The good thing about it is that I have a never ending supply of snails for my puffers.

if they continue to breed without you directly feeding them, it could be a sign of overfeeding. otherwise, yea, as stated, hitchhikers :p

if they continue to breed without you directly feeding them, it could be a sign of overfeeding. otherwise, yea, as stated, hitchhikers :p

The snails are living on algae, the back of the tank was totally covered in it, I was going to buy two ottos to sort it out but then I got a snail infestation.

Well i'm afraid you'll have some fat puffers soon :p

I've been told that if you put some cucumber on the bottom of the tank just before lights out, in the morning there will be lots of snails on it! :)

Well i'm afraid you'll have some fat puffers soon :p

I've been told that if you put some cucumber on the bottom of the tank just before lights out, in the morning there will be lots of snails on it! :)

the cucumber did not work on mine.
snail away from interpet worked one time.

Most reactions

Back