Are root tabs mandatory?

fishiee

Reaction score
Recently, I ordered live plants and I saw that people were saying root tabs helped the growth of their live plants.

As of right now I have 2 amazon swords, 1 anubias, and 1 java fern. Last week, I ordered 2 ludwigia repens, 2 water wisterias, 2 brazilian pennyworts, 2 moneyworts, 2 water sprites, and 2 hornworts.

I was thinking of getting the Seachem Flourish plant supplement for freshwater this week, would it be recommended for me to buy root tabs?

I use root tabs and they do a great job at making plants grow very quickly so i would recommend it but you dont have to. I also use THRIVE all in one fertilizer you can get it off of amazon.

Hm... your sword plants and moneywort will need the tabs. I find they struggle without it. Liquid fert wont help too much with them as theyre root feeders... but the rest will do well with liquid ferts, especially ludwigia.

Agree. Swords are heavy feeders, and always benefit a lot from substrate tabs. However, this is a small tank (10g, mentioned in your other thread) and you have many plants. You might not want the swords exploding!

Aquatic plants take up nutrients via roots and leaves; some nutrients are just one of these, some both. Swords have very extensive root systems and as I said are heavy feeders which is why the tabs do help them. But the other plants will not benefit from tabs with the liquid.

Most reactions

Back