Are Plastic Plant Pots Alright To Use?

I have been wondering this too because I want to add a really small hot pink one to my tank for some colour.

i dont see why not but i havent ever put them in

Lol me 2 i am not kidding then my mom told not to add them i dont know y. Could they be carrying some bacterias which will effect the water quality and the fish. Hope some one can help us.

the plain plastic should be ok... however the pink worries me. Why is it pink. if it is some sort of paint then I would have to say no. In either case keep a close eye on the pots to make sure there is no deterioration. I personally would contact the manufacturer of the pots just to make sure but I don't think you'll have any problems. I know for a fact that lots of people use the terra cotta pots without any problems.

Rinse them very well in hot water (no soap) before putting them in. If you don't like the color then you can add sand (or gravel) to the exterior by smearing on silicone and then pouring sand over the silicone.

i use the black plastic "saucers" for my plants dont stand too tall are great for mainly bare bottom tank

had no trouble with them at all - just rinsed in hot water!!

P.S if anyone knows where to get oblong ones that dont stand too tall plz give me a bell

but as for the pink i reckon if its manufactured pink plastic then kewl - if sprayed or painted - NO

rob

yep plant pots in terracotta are fine, give them a good clean and you are off. plastic may not be so good, high grade pipes and the like are fine. some if not most cheap plastic items, like pots and dishes, can react with the water in a tank. simply because it is so hard to find out which is safe, i would stick to clay pots and pipes.

Around the world clay plant pots are the most used "caves", by Crayfish keepers. cheap safe and readily available.

Most reactions

Back