Are my Cories trying to breed?

Panther

Reaction score
I have three Corydoras Catfish, a male and female albino and one spotted cory. They are in a 4 ft long tank with 3 upside down catfish, a few livebearers, a killifish, 2 small Clown Loaches and 3 Kuhli Loaches. It has good filtration, lots of fake plants and other decor, and sand substrate. It's pretty roomy in there at this point in time.

Yesterday, I did my weekly 25% water change as usual. This morning, I noticed my Spotted Cory zooming around, hovering above my female albino wherever she goes. After reading a couple articles on the net, I've begun to think they might be trying to breed. Might this be the case? Can they breed (I'm not exactly sure what species of cory my albinos are)? If so, what can I do to try and preserve the eggs/fry?

I was informed that they are capable of breeding. From what it sounds like, there is a possibility, but they could also be following one another. Corry cats tend to stay with their own, albino with albino etc.

But if they do have babies, they'll most likely have it on the side of your glass. What I suggest is getting a sharp/flat/straight cutting object and slide the eggs off, and put them in a bowl, with an airfilter stone, so nothing goes on top of the eggs. If they stay brown/gray, then they're good, but if they turn white, then they're dead. But I usually fed mine flake food. But people will know what to feed them for them to grow faster. "Brine shrimp"

Most reactions

Back