Are Biorbs Noisy?

ptyson21

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a 30litre birob to control my guppy breeding. So was gonna keep it in the bedroom, but are they noisy?
Paul

The bubble tube does make quite a bit of noise, as did my pump.

Also forgot to mention, my guppy fry used to get sucked into the filter :crazy: I lost a few that way

no not at all, just keep the water level well below the light fitting, or you will have a horrible gurrgilng noise, you may have to put the air pump on something, i hear some people have a noise from them, but i dont notice mine and its on my bedside cabinet

shelagh xxx

helen i didnt know you had a biorb, i just got a 60L too, looking forward to it arriving :) get a filter cover, few pence,stops them being sucked in lol

Yeah, my first tank was a 30l biube, but I got rid for a proper tank :)

Cool cheers for your advice. Where is the best place to buy a biorb from then? Looking for the 30 litre one with obviously a heater kit.

Any advice is great!!

Paul

I already have a community and a species tank but my community is overloaded with guppies. Have taken 40 to the lfs but there is still about 20-30 in it!! I am keeping an eye on one in my area on ebay so wont have to pay for p&p.
Paul

i was watching the one close to you too ( edingburgh) but i went for the 60 insted, cos im greedy lol

hope you get it, good luck
shelagh xxxx

How much di you get the 60 for? How much do you think i should pay for a 30, bearing in mind i need a heater kit to go with it?
Paul

i paid £129 + 12 p and p- this included tank, heater,led lite,digital themometer

the 30L i got off ebay i got it on buy iy now for £50. with heater light etc, but theu genrally go for £45-£50
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-LITRE-BIORB-TROPI...1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-LITRE-BIORB-TROPI...1QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

put that one on watch, as i saw one go for £38 2 days ago and i was so busy cleaning the garage i forgot all about it, dobbies graden centre and pets at hom, sell for about £75 for the 30L but i thik thats only the tank, and no heater pack or anything

good luck
shelagh xxx

ps have you tried your loacl gumtree site? theres alaways minted stuff going in the edingburghj area
http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/32/20553632.html

£30 in stirling i think it was

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Always thought the Biorbs were rather overpriced. £100 can get you a 6ft tank from eBay!

I would if I had the space for a 6 ft tank but it dont! I look on gumtree all the time, that link to the ebay site did not work but im havin a look. So you think i should be able to get the whole tropical set up for £50, i'll keep searching then!! Had a look there and cant see anything.
Cheers

yup, see what you mean there isnt anyone ( private sellers) selling at the moment, and yeah u will defo get the lot for 50 quid, theres also a few biubes on they are 35 litres and a bit more prctical with regards to surface area etc, save " biorb 30" in the favorite search, and ebay will email you all the new listings every day so you wont miss any
shelagh xxx

Most reactions

Back