Arcadia Luminaires

Reaction score
I'm about to set up a new reef, and I'm hoping to use an Arcadia T5 Luminaire for the lighting. I just have a couple of questions -

1. There seems to be conflicting information on the web. Some places say that the 90cm version is available with 4 x 39W tubes, others that it's 4 x 24W, and that the 39W tubes are only available in the 100cm model. Anyone know the facts?

2. I know that using these units probably restricts me as to the livestock I can keep when compared with metal halide lighting, but to what extent do you think? The manufacturers imply that you can still keep soft and large polyp stony corals. (The tank is 18" deep)

Thanks!

i was using 2 x 39w t5 units and 2 x t8 blue tubes on a 39"x18"x18" tank and kept an amazing amount under them soft corals were fine cant say i ever kept LPS under t5 but it appears there are some that are not to light demanding, best thing to do is see if therer is anything in particular that you want to keep and do some research, however as I already stated most if not all soft corals are fine with t5

Many of the Montipora genus of SPS corals do well under my T8's 4 x 34 Watt 16" deep tank, and they look great too, got plating and branching types, so T5's I'd guess they'd do even better.

Buy A a light luminare off of ebay!!!
I bought one called the real light silver, I will try and find the link for you.
I got it for £145 delivered brand new and it has 1 150w metal halide with two 39w actinic tubes aswell as 2 LED's for moonlight lighting. Its an awsome bit of kit for the price I got it for. It might not have the name or maybe the reliability of arcadia but it was well worth it, save me alot of money.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EQJ-Trading

That is the link to the shop I got my light from. You can get them cheaper if you bid for them. I also bought the brackets for the tank and they fit like a charm and are the exact height I wanted aswell.

I'm about to set up a new reef, and I'm hoping to use an Arcadia T5 Luminaire for the lighting. I just have a couple of questions -

1. There seems to be conflicting information on the web. Some places say that the 90cm version is available with 4 x 39W tubes, others that it's 4 x 24W, and that the 39W tubes are only available in the 100cm model. Anyone know the facts?

2. I know that using these units probably restricts me as to the livestock I can keep when compared with metal halide lighting, but to what extent do you think? The manufacturers imply that you can still keep soft and large polyp stony corals. (The tank is 18" deep)

Thanks!

I think the 90cm has 24w tubes. I use a 100cm one (4x39) and used to use an 80cm(4x24) on my old tank(both tanks 18" deep) and happily keep LPS and softies. I personally find them a good light unit :good:

Most reactions

Back