Aquavital Avex1000

gazeddy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just bought one and it looks like a clone of an eheim wet/dry without the wet/dry bits if you know what i mean. i payed around the ton for it seems solid and well built and ive used aqua vital stuff before and it all seems good stuff in fact this tank has all aqua vital stuff in it. rated at 1000 lph so even if it only gives half that its enough for my 130ltr thats it on comes with plenty of hose and options for output and input also comes with a spraybar kit in the box along with media. the self prime system is a cap that you fill the filter with before you power it on and it does the rest. and it was cheaper than a fluval 205 which would just cover my tanks filtration will see how i get on with it. only gripes so far is its bigger than my tanks cabinet space width wise and the hoses are really hard

just bought one and it looks like a clone of an eheim wet/dry without the wet/dry bits if you know what i mean. i payed around the ton for it seems solid and well built and ive used aqua vital stuff before and it all seems good stuff in fact this tank has all aqua vital stuff in it. rated at 1000 lph so even if it only gives half that its enough for my 130ltr thats it on comes with plenty of hose and options for output and input also comes with a spraybar kit in the box along with media. the self prime system is a cap that you fill the filter with before you power it on and it does the rest. and it was cheaper than a fluval 205 which would just cover my tanks filtration will see how i get on with it. only gripes so far is its bigger than my tanks cabinet space width wise and the hoses are really hard

Ive got the AVEX1200 sat in my shed, its coming out of retirement soon to double up on filtration with my eheim 2028 as ive got cichlids soon to be rehomed in my tank. As far as the filter goes, its not that bad really. Media capacity is great so you can cram plenty in there, the priming is a slight pain and used to take me a few goes but once it was running it was great.

Only slight niggle with it is the taps, 1st lot started leaking when a bit snapped off inside. Then got a second lot and the tap cracked on that externally. The 1st lot was after a year of use, the secong was a few months so just keep an eye on it. I did have a bit of trouble getting replacement taps as well. But i found that the aqua one filter taps fit the canister (i think its more of a clone of the aqua one to be honest) and they seem better made, had them running on it for over a year and no leaks or sign of wear yet *fingers crossed* Hope thats not put you off as there no actually bad filters really, just one little niggle i had with mine.

its too late to put me off it now its cycling as i type this

Ive got the AVEX1200 sat in my shed, its coming out of retirement soon to double up on filtration with my eheim 2028 as ive got cichlids soon to be rehomed in my tank. As far as the filter goes, its not that bad really. Media capacity is great so you can cram plenty in there, the priming is a slight pain and used to take me a few goes but once it was running it was great.

Only slight niggle with it is the taps, 1st lot started leaking when a bit snapped off inside. Then got a second lot and the tap cracked on that externally. The 1st lot was after a year of use, the secong was a few months so just keep an eye on it. I did have a bit of trouble getting replacement taps as well. But i found that the aqua one filter taps fit the canister (i think its more of a clone of the aqua one to be honest) and they seem better made, had them running on it for over a year and no leaks or sign of wear yet *fingers crossed* Hope thats not put you off as there no actually bad filters really, just one little niggle i had with mine.

Can you let me know where you bought the taps from as I have the same problem with an avex 1000. Need 1 new tap ! Linkage also !

Most reactions

Back