Aquarium Products Anti-fluke?

mctavish132

Reaction score
So one of my fish has come down with gill flukes. The water parameters are perfect as they have been for the past 7months Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate is at 20. There is only one fish who is scratchin at his gills, has been like this for a couple days now, and I'm almost 100% its gill flukes. So at the moment he is the only one who seems to be affected so I went out and bought some medication right away in hopes to get rid of the parasite before it spreads to my other fish. The only LFS I have within an hour drive from me is pretty old and ghetto, But anyway the shopkeeper (I know how they are, but I get sucked in) ended up talking me into buying this product APPlus Anti-Fluke, says he swears by it, and has been using it for years. Obviously I didn't believe him, but bought it anyway because it was only 5dollars. So I took this fish med I had never heard of before home and started doing some serious researching, because obviously I'm not going to put something in my tank not knowing anything about it...

So after a good hour of searching around the net I found nothing, Couldn't Find a "Aquarium Products" website or anything like that. Clearly went out of business or something.

My question is has anyone ever heard of this stuff before? Is it good? bad? completely outdated/expired? Harmful to scaleless fish? or what because it seems fishy to me.

The ingredients listed on the bottle are 0,0-dimethy, 1-hydroxy, 2-trichloromethyl phosphate
all of which I've never heard of before.

Most reactions

Back