Aquarium fan

Country joe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my tank is in a small bedroom, yesterday couldn't believe it, my aquarium has been sitting at 23 c for weeks yesterday unusually it was hot in Scotland my temp had jumped to 26.8 c, tried everything to get it down but no luck, sent away to Amazon last night for a twin aquarium fan , it arrived today, clips on to the tank, I reckon now looking at my aquarium with the fans going, them fish of mine are in fish hilton.

Never tried fans before will be good to see how they work out for you. I usually just turn the light off on my tank. I have mine set to 24 but reached 30.4 last summer. This year I’m running extra aeration with a sponge filter.

27 is not that unbearable for freshwater fishes.

But did you gain some degrees with that fan ?

I was thinking to toy with some thermoelectric Peltier cooler. Not that I really need them, but as a geek I find them too "cool" to play with.

27 is not that unbearable for freshwater fishes.

But did you gain some degrees with that fan ?

I was thinking to toy with some thermoelectric Peltier cooler. Not that I really need them, but as a geek I find them too "cool" to play with.
It was 27c and I fixed the fan up, took about 5 mins, checked 2 hours later and it was down to 24 c so I switch it off, quite happy with it, as it was under £20.

Unless you are keeping coldwater fishes, there is no reason to drop the temperature from 27 to 24C. Fish in the wild undergo varying temperatures throughout the day and year and all tropical fishes can tolerate 27C for a short time. If the temperature gets over 30C, then it's an issue, but 27C is nothing to worry about.

When I had issues with heat in my tank, I threw in some frozen water bottles.

When I had issues with heat in my tank, I threw in some frozen water bottles.
LOL! A placed I lived in Ohio before I left in 1987 had no central air and, now and then, the water temperature would get higher than I wanted. I'd just dump in a tray if ice cubes. Always struck me a bit odd that all my cichlids in that tank would group around the ice.

LOL! A placed I lived in Ohio before I left in 1987 had no central air and, now and then, the water temperature would get higher than I wanted. I'd just dump in a tray if ice cubes. Always struck me a bit odd that all my cichlids in that tank would group around the ice.
just chillin out man :)

Most reactions

Back