Aquarium cabinet wall fixing

If you bought a new aquarium and cabinet, the cabinet does not need to be attached to anything and is normally free standing.

Second hand cabinets should be checked for structural weakness and damage, and repaired or reinforced as required.

------------------
The main concern with big tanks is the floor. If you have a concrete floor it's fine. However, if you have a wooden floor, then be careful where you put the tank.

A 230 litre tank will weigh about 300kg when it is full and set up, that includes the weight of the tank, stand, lights and everything in it.

If you bought a new aquarium and cabinet, the cabinet does not need to be attached to anything and is normally free standing.

Second hand cabinets should be checked for structural weakness and damage, and repaired or reinforced as required.

------------------
The main concern with big tanks is the floor. If you have a concrete floor it's fine. However, if you have a wooden floor, then be careful where you put the tank.

A 230 litre tank will weigh about 300kg when it is full and set up, that includes the weight of the tank, stand, lights and everything in it.
Ok thank you. It’s a new tank and cabinet although it came with wall fixings so I wasn’t sure. But easier if I don’t attach to the wall so I can feed the tubes down the back.

That's unusual for it to come with wall fittings.
Can you post some pictures of the cabinet and fittings?
Also the name/ brand of tank and cabinet?

It’s an Aqua One Oakstyle.

Attachments

• B882E251-930A-405B-9252-96B93902EA53.jpeg
    B882E251-930A-405B-9252-96B93902EA53.jpeg
    980.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Also the flooring you see is click clack pretend wooden flooring. Underneath is wooden joists not concrete.

The stand should be fine without wall brackets but the wooden floor does cause some concern. If the floor is in good condition, it should be fine but I prefer concrete so will leave others to offer advice about tanks on wooden floors.

Most reactions

Back