Aquarium Backings

jameshunter63

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Went to the lfs today and bought a nice blue aquarium background for my tank and was wondering the best way to attach it on!! on previous tanks iv used double sidded sticky tape but really though there must be a better idea of how to stick them down. Iv heard you can buy some sort of gel to spread on it but kind of dont want to spend any more money and would like to get it done today as on night shifts this week!! :(
any suggestions welcome im quite stumped!!!

thanks
james

The gel is called 'Sea View' and is about a fiver on Ebay. It works well, used it on both my tanks.

I've heard Olive oil works the same way but never tried that one!

as Jamepsss said {I've heard Olive oil works the same way but never tried that one!}i have used it in the past get sum cloth dip it in the oil and run it over the hole background then apply it to the tank like you whould wallpaper smothing out the bubbles to the edges then just tape the very edges to the tank to stop it pealig away :)

well i had it set up for about 2 years whith no problems so i cant say it whouldnt over a longer time span but its good point Seffie :good:

aw great!! im thinking of trying to find the "real stuff" sea view at the lfs tomorrow. gunu send the brother out on a goose chase. if they havent got any i think ill go with seffies idea of vasseline. Im guessing a bit of tape is needed to make sure it doesnt peel up, so ill slice up some duck tape and slightly overlap the edges.
Great ideas guys and i think ill try the olive oil one on my smaller tank when i re decorate!!
Thanks for the input
james

Most reactions

Back