Aquaclear Powerhead As An Internal Filter.

mystic.bertie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have a juwel vision 260 tank and my external filters are fluval 205 and 304, i could do with more water movement, i have a powerhead ph402 i think by aquaclear, i got it with my second hand set up but i think the previous keeper used it just to move water, can i use the powerhead as some kind of internal filter without using it on an undergravel filter ?

well the fluval's do 440 gph (at optimum performance) which is 1665 liters per hour (right?).

Your tank is 260 liters (little less when accounting for all the rocks, assuming you have rock dwelling cichlids) and minimum is 5x turnover so that'd be 1300 gph. So you're probably at the minimum filtration, which will be alright if you keep up on water changes and keep the water and nitrates at a good level. I'd personally get another canister..say a Fluval 405 and use the smaller canister on a new tank :hey:

A round sponge, a 1 liter bottle, a piece of tubing, an an Aquaclear powerhead;

dsc008639vb.jpg

Works great on the bottom of tanks, a sort of rigged under gravel jet idea.

*just to add....most people shoot for 8-10x tank turnover

Very creative, Tolak. :thumbs:

p.s. Tolak, I could use your expertise to help w/ a few things....feel like coming to South Dakota ?? :fun:

*just to add....most people shoot for 8-10x tank turnover

Very creative, Tolak. :thumbs:

p.s. Tolak, I could use your expertise to help w/ a few things....feel like coming to South Dakota ?? :fun:

tolak that is a great idea :good:

sice posting this thread i found that aquaclear powerheads have an attachment you can buy that holds a sponge filter so £6 delivered from ebay, so i ordered one, will save trying to make something though tolaks idea is ace

Most reactions

Back