Aqua Start 320 Ideas

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

danb_1985

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have an aqua start 320 (28 litres). I want to start a tank for my 3 year old (and me) to enjoy? I was thinking goldfish low maintenance but prob too small. Then thinking a small tropical community including a betta. Then I can add ADF and an apple snail for a bit variety for him.

I previously used it as a pico reef housing one clown fish and some shrimp n crabs but prob too high maintenance

Any good ideas please help!

My son (age 4) loves his Danio's - they are (quote) "fast and mad which is why I like them".  And they say that owners are like their pets
yes.gif

I'm not sure if the aqua start 320 is big enough though - maybe some others can give you a bit of advice.

If it's a tropical tank, why not put some shrimp in again?  Red Cherry Shrimp are fine for tropical and need no maintenance apart from a few hidey holes (hopefully at the weekend I'm taking out my plastic pipe cut offs and replacing with some more natural looking bamboo cane cut offs for my RCS).  Both my son and daughter like trying to "find" them in our tank - almost as much fun as watching the danio's.

Yeah that's a good idea actually. Forgot about fw shrimp. As long as they'd mix with adf's?

A new tank is always kinda exciting. Hope you will have good fun with your son with this little tank.

Goldfish are not particularly recommended for a tank of this size, they can grow hhuuuge depending on species!

A single Betta Splenden would be happy in a tank like that no problem. Although cannot really be kept with any other fish or small shrimps really, best on their own and maybe large shrimps like bamboo or amano shrimps although not guaranteed that the Betta will leave them alone, snails however should be fine with a Betta.

You might want to consider having just a few guppies or endlers in a tank of this size, colourful and fairly active fish, will keep your 3 year old entertained, can be kept with Red Cherry Shrimps and snails as well.

Here is a list of fish suitable for small tanks, this will help you figure out what is suitable for your tank size, just google the names to get pictures and how to care for these. Research always is the best policy here.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/418749-nano-fish/

Am afraid I don't know much about African Dwarf Frogs so cannot really suggest anything about them.

Hope that helps 
smile.png

Ch4rlie said:
A new tank is always kinda exciting. Hope you will have good fun with your son with this little tank.

Goldfish are not particularly recommended for a tank of this size, they can grow hhuuuge depending on species!

A single Betta Splenden would be happy in a tank like that no problem. Although cannot really be kept with any other fish or small shrimps really, best on their own and maybe large shrimps like bamboo or amano shrimps although not guaranteed that the Betta will leave them alone, snails however should be fine with a Betta.

You might want to consider having just a few guppies or endlers in a tank of this size, colourful and fairly active fish, will keep your 3 year old entertained, can be kept with Red Cherry Shrimps and snails as well.

Here is a list of fish suitable for small tanks, this will help you figure out what is suitable for your tank size, just google the names to get pictures and how to care for these. Research always is the best policy here.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/418749-nano-fish/

Am afraid I don't know much about African Dwarf Frogs so cannot really suggest anything about them.

Hope that helps :)
thanks for that ill have a look through. I have a encyclopaedia of fish so ill have a look t the names in there. I thought about make guppies so they could be an option but I've always loved bettas. I've successfully kept then with other fish before like neons. However the problem came when I stupidly put a cichlids in , think it was a fire mouth during my naive days ha. Cichlids had to go. Thanks for the reply tho

Most reactions

Back