Aqua One Ufo 320

matthew

Reaction score
Hi im looking for a small tank to buy for my bedroom i alread have a 120ltr tank and am looking to transfer some little fish to a smaller tank i have been looking at this Aqua one UFO 320
Any thoughts on this sort of tank. i ahve also been looking at the biorbs. any ideas which to choose.

Thanks Matthew

Hi im looking for a small tank to buy for my bedroom i alread have a 120ltr tank and am looking to transfer some little fish to a smaller tank i have been looking at this Aqua one UFO 320
Any thoughts on this sort of tank. i ahve also been looking at the biorbs. any ideas which to choose.

Thanks Matthew
Hi, I have an Aqua One 850 and love it! If the small tank you are looking at has the same hood filter system (only smaller) as mine then it has pros and cons. It's good in that you can monitor, customise and clean the media without disturbing the residents. I do find, however, that as the water returns into the tank the venturie action (drawing down air, similar to water going down a plughole) is a little gurgly. This can be rectified by placing a piece of coarse media over the return chamber being carefull not to restrict the flow too much. Lovely tanks though

Thanks Matthew
To add to my last reply, I would just like to say that the customer back-up technical department at Aqua One is great. I suggested that the spray bar over the filter media on my tank could do with being slightly longer. Although it had been supplied with the correct one they sent me, free of charge, a spray bar from the next model up for me to experement with asking for feed-back. Rare service these days!

Hi,

I've had both a Biorb and an Aqua One, and would definitely go with the Aqua One - the Biorb looks different, but is fairly hard to maintain due to it's shape and especially the media you're supposed to fill it with, it's very easy to scratch due to being made of acryllic, and you'll scrape your fingers to bits trying to plant anything (if you get it to stay down, lol).

Don't get me wrong, I've had two of these tanks (the Biorb and the Biube), and did enjoy them, but once I got the Aqua One there was no contest.

Most reactions

Back