Aqua One Tanks

TATTIESCONE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Morning all
I am getting a buzzing noise from the light units of my aqua one tanks. this happens even when the lights are not on for hours. Is it just a case of changing the bulbs or is it the light units themselves. Ive had my tanks for at least 2 years now with no probs.
Also can anyone reccommend where to get bulbs apart from my lfs.

Old bulbs, do tend to hum. Old ballast will also. As for bulbs, eBay is a good start.

I have to say I'm not all that impressed with the lighting in the aqua-one tanks, Bought a 600 (80l) a few months back and the lighting flickers before coming on which isn't a great sign... Its also rather dim for a deep tank and struggle growing even basic plants. Tempted to rip the lighting out and put in a hagen light controller unit which I did with my 50L. the starter on that is great and the lights come on immediately. with the size of the aqua one lid could potentially fit 2/3 tubes and make it a bit more high tech maybe :cool:

This link might help........ http://www.aquarium-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Aqua_One_Lighting.html

Thanks for replying guys
When i come downstairs first thing in the morning one of my tanks is giving off a buzzing noise coming from the hood even though the lights have been off all night. When you lift the hood up slightly the noise stops, do you guys reckon why this is,is it the bulbs or the starter. thanks again :good:

Most reactions

Back