Aqua Essentials Plants

vinylman

Essentially Humanoid
Reaction score
Hi all,
just a heads-up for those who don't already know. I've just emailed Aqua Essentials to see if they have any plants in stock at the moment and received a reply saying that due to lack of demand, they won't be stocking plants ''for the time being''. I'm a bit surprised, because I've ordered two or three lots from them in the past and they've always been excellent quality, with next day delivery. Hope this info is useful to some of you.

Yeah, I noticed a post that said this on UKAPS.

They do reptile and pond stuff now though, not that I cant get that already at good prices elsewhere.

The plants were the main attraction for me with AE, because with live plants I want excellent service (as AE provides) to get good quality plants to me quickly and well packaged.

But dry goods I'm more lenient about service as long as it's acceptable, I'm more concerned about the price with dry goods.

It's a real shame for IMO.

Are there any other sites that have a good reputation for plants that ppl can recommend? I'm gonna be getting into planting up my new tank and was planning on using them...

Java were OK for me...but their plants were loads with copper snail meds even after rinsing under the tap and leaving to soak in a bucket for a couple of days. Killed a lot of my shrimp.

Greenline are very good, but have a limited stock at the moment, they used to have tonnes of stuff.

Plants alive are only OKish, you'll either have an OK experiance or a very bad one from what I've experienced/heard. A bit of a gamble.

Bit of a shame but their postage is way over the top for small orders

I use last-trading-post on ebay and the greenmachine now

Most reactions

Back