apple snails

jmaster

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi all

a few weeks ago i had aloom to c if my snails wer male an female an thought they wer all male

well i guess i was wrong coz i found a really small clutch of eggs on roof of my tank 2day

how can u tell if eggs are fetile??

also can i remove the eggs??

how long do they tank to hatch??

thanx
jmaster

hi all

read that web site it helped for some questions

i just want no how to remove the eggs and what do i have to put them in??

coz u cant put them underwater

thanx
jmaster

i would answer but i honestly just don't know...i'm not sure if they would be able to reattach to something....i guess if they could be reattached i would put them in a tupperware container half filled with water and attach to the top...but usually people are removing the eggs to throw out, not trying to get them to hatch!

i hav herd of peeps movin them to hatch

there are now 3 clutches of eggs so i think i am goin to leave them an im sure ill b able to get afew out of the 3 clutches

theres 2 small clutches an 1 really big one

im sure they are all from the same female 2

thanx anyway
jmaster

i just like em

an eventually i can sell some for small price so ill b earnin abit of money not alot but abit

jmaster

how often do snails breed??

because ive already got 3 clutches of eggs an the same 2 are already breeding again as i type this an she only just layed some eggs on sunday

so is it normal for them to b matin again that quick??

thanx
jmaster

When I first got four apple snails they bred like crazy for the first few weeks, but then just stopped and I haven't gotten any eggs for a couple months. I don't know if it is a seasonal thing? or based on the water conditions or temperature or something?

Most reactions

Back