Anyone Have A Fishtank For Sale?

dannym

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all..

Does anyone have a fishtank for sale?..

I have a 60 litre tank and desperatly need an upgrade for my poor fish, im looking for a tank around 250 litres.

I did ask in the forum, but it was amongst about 3 other questions i sent at the same time. I was hoping if i start a single topic on it i might have some luck

Other than that some good advice for a newbie on what to buy would be greatly appreciated, Or where to buy from I dont want to do what i done with this tank & just buy anything without researching

Heres whats going into the tank..

2 Angels

2 Silver sharks

2 Platies

2 Blue rainbows

2 Plecs

Thanks all

Danny..

Have you tried ebay? What sort of budget do you have for the tank and are you looking for a complete tank set up (lighting, heating, filtration etc) or just a fish tank?

I have looked on ebay and have seen some lovely tanks, but the problem is there all miles away and dont ship, Ideally i would like the tank complete with everything except fish as i would'nt know what filter, heater, lights etc to buy

I have'nt really thought about a budget to be honest, but like most of us im not made of money but have to buy a tank around the 200 litre mark, asap so whatever it costs i will get

Thankyou

If you can afford it, I would suggest getting a new all-in set up so you know you have everything and that it is unlikely to break down. This lets you focus on just looking after the fish.

I got a Juwel Vision 180 (with cabinet) from Pets at Home for £300.

vision180.jpg

Yeah Dev's right. The Vision have bowed (curved) fronts. The Rio is flat. And the Trigon and corner tanks. All of which are very nice, and come in different sizes.

The Fluval Roma range are also very nice.

Thanks guys yep the visions the 1 for me :)

Will that tank be a sufficent size to house my 13 fish?..

Sorry i know i keep asking the same question but i just want to be sure!....

Thankyou..

Thanks guys yep the visions the 1 for me :)

Will that tank be a sufficent size to house my 13 fish?..

Sorry i know i keep asking the same question but i just want to be sure!....

Thankyou..

The bala sharks ideally need at least a 4x2x2ft (about 110-120gallons) or a 48"longx24"widex18"tall tank (about 80-90gallons), although larger would be better (personally i'd recommend a 5ft long tank), the angels would be fine in a tank as small as a 36"tallx12"widex18"high tank (30gallon)- these are the largest fish you need to accomodate and could be kept together.

With the blue rainbowfish, i assume you mean some sort of rainbowfish like Melanotaenia boesemani;

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_boese.php

Or Dwarf Neon rainbowfish?

Hmmm i have no idea its not the fish in the link, maybe someone can i.d by the pics..

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

The bala sharks ideally need at least a 4x2x2ft (about 110-120gallons)

Omg thats around 450 litres, thats just too big for me, and too expensive does this mean that to give my silver sharks a decent quality of life i should get them re-homed? They are only small, how long do they take to grow to that sort of size?..

Hmmm i have no idea its not the fish in the link, maybe someone can i.d by the pics..

Does this australian rainbowfish look like yours;

http://www.timstropicals.com/FreshwaterPho...&Page=index

?

The bala sharks ideally need at least a 4x2x2ft (about 110-120gallons)

Omg thats around 450 litres, thats just too big for me, and too expensive does this mean that to give my silver sharks a decent quality of life i should get them re-homed?

Hm yeah it would be best to rehome them to someone who has a tank of around that size or larger and has good bala/silver shark tankmates in it (maybe you could try rehoming them on the forum?)- bala/silver sharks usually grow to 10-12inches+ on average and are very active fish, so need a big tank.

Does this australian rainbowfish look like yours

Not really i suppose you cannot tell by the pics

They have a black stripe running through the centre of there bodies and have a blue tint to them..

Hm yeah it would be best to rehome them to someone who has a tank of around that size or larger and has good bala/silver shark tankmates in it (maybe you could try rehoming them on the forum?)- bala/silver sharks usually grow to 10-12inches+ on average and are very active fish, so need a big tank.

Well i want to do the best for them so if anyone is interested in two silver sharks just let me know,

Should i redirect this post elsewhere in the forum?..

Does this australian rainbowfish look like yours

Not really i suppose you cannot tell by the pics

They have a black stripe running through the centre of there bodies and have a blue tint to them..

Like this azure/blue danio;

http://www.mkbasia.com/wild/blue_danio.jpg

Or giant danio;

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cypr...oWFCy_C2640.jpg

?? I'm probably a million miles off, but its worth a try :lol: .

Well i want to do the best for them so if anyone is interested in two silver sharks just let me know,

Should i redirect this post elsewhere in the forum?..

Yep there's a buy/sell/swap section on the forum further down the page on the main index of the forum where you can advertise the bala sharks :thumbs: .

Most reactions

Back