Anyone Else's Tank Temp Gone Up In This Uk Heatwave?!

flix_cw

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Phew! It's so hot, just found my tank to be at 32 degrees, had me worried! My nerite snail was trying to get out so i put him in my fry tank which is a little bit cooler.

It's usually set at 24 for my danios, i turned off the heater but it really isn't cooling down. I guess it will a bit later. The shrimp all seem ok.

Anyone else had this problem over the weekend?

mine went from 25 to 27-18 ish and thats with all the windows open and the back door!

Ash

mine went from 25 to 27-18 ish and thats with all the windows open and the back door!

Ash

I think that what did happen to mine, as with the heat i noticed it was rising but thought it was my new filter but was told to can be the heat in my room. So droped the thermostat heater down and it's been ok :)

i just left it but the heaters dont come on unless it drops below 25 so was not much point in me switching them of at the plug

Ash

Yep. All my tanks (in the same room) are up to about 27. The heaterstats are set at 25 so are not coming on at all, so I'm saving lots of leccy (as are the rest of you I hope).
No signs of any distress in my tanks so I'm happy.

Yep me too just opened one of the flaps to let the heat go out and done a dirty big water change :good:

Regards onebto.

ye mine is at 30 now going to leave the flaps up for abit i guess theres no point in lowering the heater as its set to 24 is there?

Heater set at 24C but the tank temp has been at 26C for the past couple of days.
Fish seem fine, and it looks as though the weather is cooling again for the rest of the week.
The tank is well away from the windows in a fairly cool room anyway. :shifty:

i've just set up a tropical tank again and yes the heat is way to hot!!

The heaters on about 22degrees but the themometer says its like 26 so i've turned it down completly, want to get it right before i add my new fish on wednesday!

Good job there isnt any in at the min mind!!

i've just set up a tropical tank again and yes the heat is way to hot!!

The heaters on about 22degrees but the themometer says its like 26 so i've turned it down completly, want to get it right before i add my new fish on wednesday!

Good job there isnt any in at the min mind!!

um... 26 is perfect for tropical, 22 is too cold.

mine's gone from 26 to 28.5

Yes!
I found mine at around 30C earlier on, ARGH!
Turned them right down - the heater was turned on 24C, its now about 20C :crazy: , the room temp can keep the fish warm

26 - 27.5 not too bad really. Surely this sort of thing would happen in their natural environment? Seasons and all that...

Still... given the lousy weather and super long intense winter - let's not complain about it being nice! ;)

There's really no point in turning your heaters down. They won't switch on unless the temprature drops anyway. All turning them down will do is ensure that they don't come on when the temprature does drop too low.

Kind regards

Jimi

Most reactions

Back