Anyone else ready for the holidays?

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I am like really looking forward to Christmas. Usually our family waits to put our tree and decor up until the day after Thanksgiving, but we are putting it all up today this year! What about everyone else?

I do not do Christmas...or any other public holiday/birthday thing.

They are for those with families and friends to enjoy.

All they do for me is remind me of bad times past, so they are just another day in the week. I do everything I can to avoid seasonal TV too...I might sound like a right misery guts but I simply cannot be doing with it all, too many bad memories and being on my own it means nothing to me anyway.

All they do for me is remind me of bad times past, so they are just another day in the week. I do everything I can to avoid seasonal TV too...I might sound like a right misery guts but I simply cannot be doing with it all, too many bad memories and being on my own it means nothing to me anyway.

(hug) Some people like being alone (I often do), but if you're looking for more people in your life then perhaps you could join a club or some social group. There's always nice people out there. And if you're content being alone, that's good too.

We need to hold a TFF christmas festival online. Get everyone to log onto zoom and discuss fish stuff.

I think this thread will be controversial. Many people don’t celebrate Christmas. There’s Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and a lot more I can’t think of off the top of my head. But, let’s just focus on the holidays and not specifically Christmas. Whatever you do around late December, people should post here.

A family tradition is going to my grandmas on Christmas Eve, partying till 11, get back, pass out, wake up at 5, open presents, go to my other grandmas, and have lunch. Then the day after, my dad and I go deep sea fishing :). I love The holidays!

My family is what you call total procrastinators. This Halloween, we waited until the day of to put our décor out!

Yep, I'm ready for the holidays...to be over

Not that I don't enjoy the time of the season, or seeing family and friends...I get 2+ weeks off from work, too...it's just so commercialized and over-the-top, nowadays...not like when I was a kid...in the Mesozoic era...

I love Christmas but not months of it 😂, the tree won’t go up until after the 19th December (my Mums birthday). For the last 4 years (?) we all (me and my three adult children and their families) have had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, the two boys go and do their thing Christmas Day and I stay over at my daughters (5 grandchildren there) Christmas Eve Night and we do presents any when after 6am when the children get up and have our “Boxing Day Dinner” which is less time pressured cooking so we have time to open the children’s toys (screw drivers etc. needed for that these days) and help get things built/set up. About 6pm, I sneak back to mine for some traditional peace and quiet and a nanna nap on the sofa 😂😂

I’m with you! But I have a fondness for strings of large colorful lights & keep some up year round.

Most reactions

Back