The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
15955259049132657750904529642580.jpg
15955259256232489940377591625120.jpg

Is there any way to get rid of this stuff? Or can anybody tell me what it is?

Maybe shrimp?
Sorry, I couldn't :)

------------

I have no idea on getting rid of this stuff, I've got the same stuff on my anacharis, I have bladder snails in my tank.

Just looks like algae to me. Do you dose fertilizers? How many hours a day do you leave the light on for?

I had it on some java fern and took it out of the tank and carefully wiped it off.
It is common to see this type of algae on java Fern, I'm pretty sure everyone does.

@Salty&Onion @Derekshatch, try to carefully wipe it off out of water. Also, reduce your lighting by 1 -2 hours and see if it comes back.

7 watt light I suppose. My anacharis is slightly in the middle of the tank and it is on for 10-12 ish hours.
I would do 10 hours a day, after you remove it. It is normal for plants to do this, if there is to much nutrients in the water.

I have my light on for 12 hours and I do dose fertlizer. But it is only on some of my plants. Mostly my anacharis and hygrophila and hornwort. It is not on any of my other plants for some reason. Could I use snails to get rid of the algae because I like my light to be on so that I can enjoy the tank late at night.

Last edited:
I have my light on for 12 hours and I do dose fertlizer. But it is only on some of my plants. Mostly my anacharis and hygrophila and hornwort. It is not on any of my other plants for some reason. Could I use snails to get rid of the algae because I like my light to be on so that I can enjoy the tank late at night.
I have bladders with my betta and they are really poor sanitors :)

Most reactions

Back