Any suggestion on Filter for my nano tank

manishr78

Reaction score
Hi Team,

I am trying to build a nano tank of dimension 8 inch x 5 Inch x 5 inch this is to store the nano fishes like 2 or 3 guppies or tetras. I am planning to aqua soil and may be monte carlo or java moss carpet.
My queries are -
Is it ok to use Monte carlo as carpet for this kind of tank
And what filter should I use? Since I am planning to keep this on my desk are there any internal filters or nano filters available for such aquariums?

TIA

An aquarium that is 8 inches long x 5 inches wide x 5 inches high is too small for anything fish related. It holds less than 3 litres of water and no fish can survive in that for long. You also won't find a filter to fit in that size tank.

You would be better off buying a 20 litre bucket and using that.

An aquarium that is 8 inches long x 5 inches wide x 5 inches high is too small for anything fish related. It holds less than 3 litres of water and no fish can survive in that for long. You also won't find a filter to fit in that size tank.

You would be better off buying a 20 litre bucket and using that

Got it Thanks for the input

OP you have been given advice on other threads about tanks being too small for the fish you have in them, please don't add another tank which is too small as this is incredibly unfair on any fish you put in it.

If you like very small aquariums the best filtration is a daily water change . Keep your change water in a separate container under aeration and change one third to one half every day . Many years ago my first aquarium was a glass gallon jar and it was fine for a long time .

Most reactions

Back