Any Instructions On Breeding Mahachai?

nemosworld

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my pair just mated today. i guess i shouldn't have used ial. so now i have about 50 eggs and the male is currently tending them. any tips on raising the fry? how different are they than raising regular betta splendens? should i take the parents out?

i have an infusoria culture and about 40 grams left of 90% brine shrimp and the pair and eggs are in a 20 gallon tank with heater and plants. the temp is 80 degrees F and the pH is 7.2

i was thinking about trying to breed.
And on alot of the breeding things it said take out the male after the eggs hatch because the male starts to eat them.
And i also heard the male might get agressive to the female because hes trying to gaurd his eggs.
im not too sure if this is accurate but i dont know. :( trying to be helpful..

lol it really depends on the betta for splendens. i've bred regular betta splendens before, but the mahachai are totally foreign to me. right now, the male is just in his broken clay pot tending the eggs and the female is swimming around. one of the different things about them is that males and females are not aggressive towards another and that just leaves me baffled :blink:

lol it really depends on the betta for splendens. i've bred regular betta splendens before, but the mahachai are totally foreign to me. right now, the male is just in his broken clay pot tending the eggs and the female is swimming around. one of the different things about them is that males and females are not aggressive towards another and that just leaves me baffled :blink:

:eek:

Most reactions

Back