Any Ideas On Rainbow Fish

jpeterson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Im busy sorting out my stocking an was wondering if you could help me find a decent rainbow fish that would suit this stocking. The stocking is as follows:

10-15 Harlequins
10-15 Lemon Tetras
6 Bronze Corys
2 Keyhole Cichlids
Trio of Cockatoo Cichlids

Tank is 43 US gallons and is well planted!

Any suggestions?

I love them! They are so colourful and energetic. I have 3 red rainbow fish (see my avatar) and 3 boesemanis

Melanotaenia praecox

1 i want to thank you for finding me the site i have been looking for that past hour with just one single name! 2 i was thinking them however, 8cm is like 3.1 inch which would mean i could only get like 6 of those. I want something a bit smaller so I can get a few more of them around 8-10. I don't think they would go with the trio of cockatoos either.

I think any Pseudomugil species would work?

What about Celebes Rainbowfish/Marosatherina ladigesi?
YOu could easily have 10 of those :)

Would these be any good... http://members.optusnet.com.au/rainbowfishes/Alleni.htm ?

Yes but these get quite big and chunky and your tank is almost fully stocked

Iriatherina werneri are pretty #41#### small, as are fish from the Pseudomugil family. But you could have them. But you'd have to check their water requirements, which are quite different from the fish you already have.
Carl

I would definitely second this suggestion! I have 6 and they're great, they have really coloured up since first getting them and they're very active and playful with each other. :)

I would definitely second this suggestion! I have 6 and they're great, they have really coloured up since first getting them and they're very active and playful with each other. :)

Just read up on them and they sound just what i am looking for! Thanks everyone!

Good luck
I had a group of 10 of them and I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. My favourite thing about them is probs the fact that they swim very gracefully, IMO I find it relaxing B-)

Most reactions

Back