Any Australian Out There?

paw-paw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI!

My cousin is going to move to AU from Europe in 6 months...
BUT she has three common goldfish and she was asking if it was possible to get them to Australia, so I promised I will check.
One of the goldfish is as old as she is because her mother got it as a present when she gave birth to her, so that fish is 17 yrs old now. Other two goldies are younger but she got them from her father, who is no longer alive. So you can see, she is attached to those fish very much and wants to take them with her when they move. Is it possible? They are willing to pay for the quarantine or whatever necessary...

Does anyone know what they would need to do? Would they have to have some papers...? petshops import fish all the time, so it should be possible?

THX!

It will probably vary depending on which state she's moving to. I live In QLD and I'm prety sure that its only lisenced importers that can bring in fish. If you go and have a look around the customs website (http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4221) she might be able to contact an official for better information.

Most reactions

Back