Anti-Social Upside-Down Catfish?

startingout

Reaction score
having just recently brought and set up a freshwater tropical tank im new to this game and have a question i hope someone can help with :) i have one upside-down catfish but never see him he hides in the underside of my filter is this normal for this type of fish?? thank in advance x

having just recently brought and set up a freshwater tropical tank im new to this game and have a question i hope someone can help with :) i have one upside-down catfish but never see him he hides in the underside of my filter is this normal for this type of fish?? thank in advance x
My 2 syno's only come out when food is around or when lights are switched off..

~Mike~

Typical behavior, but the common upside-down catfish, Synodontis nigriventris, is actually a social, schooling species. If you have tankspace available add several more and you'll see them more often, particularly at feeding time.

Typical behavior, but the common upside-down catfish, Synodontis nigriventris, is actually a social, schooling species. If you have tankspace available add several more and you'll see them more often, particularly at feeding time.
Agreed
i used to have one never saw it i have 3 now and they come out a fair bit especially when theres food.

Most reactions

Back