Another Oscar In 30G Rant

llamalord305

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Today in school, I found out a good friend of mine had an aquarium. Here's how our conversation went.

How big is it?

*holds arms to about the size of a 30g*

Oh, cool, what fish do you have?

Two red and black ones and a suckerfish that cleans the glass.

Oh, god. Do you know what kind and how many gallons the tank is?

No. But its a big tank.

Alright.....

Later on, once he found out about his fish

I have two oscars in a 30 gallon tank.

And the pleco/"suckerfish"?

Yes.

Those poor fish, how long have they been in there?

Its a big tank! and the pleco is small!

Both plecos and oscars get to be more than one foot long, and need at LEAST 55 gallons for each!

End of conversation.

I have no idea what to do.

RANT OVER.

Its his fish get over it:S:S:S:S, Even if he has them in a bucket theres nothing you can do thats life im afraid. You know i get tired of Animal/Fish rights people like you, its threads like this that make me wonder are you for real even posting this ?

all you can do is tell them what you know, but some people will only hear what they want to, some lfs do not help. Just after christmas I went shopping for new fish and seem two familys coming out of the shop with a nice new little tank, complete with bags of gravel, plant and fish...crazy, Its a shame, but its not always their fault, they should be informed more by the people who sold it to them.

Perchance the pleco, as I am getting a 150 community in the near future. I'm not sure how two oscars could cooexist with endlers, neons, and other peaceful community fish, so no to the oscars.

Would the pleco affect my stocking much?

Print out two REALLY good care sheets and give them to him, then walk away. Perhaps mention, as you leave, that what he thinks is a big tank and what the fish think is a big tank are two VERY different things.

Fighting over it will affect your friendship.

Most reactions

Back