Another Lfs Story

I work at a lfs and the a few of the people know quite a bit, one guy who knows alot justs lets people buy what they want without telling them why or why not those fish should go together just because he says its easier than dealing with them and trying to explain it all if they know nothing. The newest guy is learning just from listening to our manager who is an idiot and tells people bs and makes crap up, and myself I am by no means an expert but i read TFM and other books and mags and this site of course to keep myself informed. My manager doesnt like to hire anyone who has any knowledge of any kind because he wants to teach them his stupid ideas. It frustrates me that I have to explain to customers why it was wrong when so and so told them that a group of schooling fish only counts as one fish, and why a common pleco shouldnt have been put in a new 10 gallon tank and yes it still counts towards the limit of fish. Uggg it just makes me frustrated. This guy actually thought it would work out putting 4 pacman frogs in with other frogs in an 8x10(inches)enclosure. Needless to say anyone who knows anything about pacman frogs knows why this was a dumb idea.

I know very little about Pacman Frogs but just the name tells you plenty. I know they have ravenous appetites and an enclosure that small is a major mistake.

When you see glofish for .50 around here.. you get them.. regardless their health or where they come from..

I've seen glofish twice in the what 2-3 years they've been around.. and the cheapest I'd seen them were $17 each.

Realistically, me buying $15 worth of fish isn't going to further fund their business, as they are already set to lose money with the prices they're selling the fish, and the amount of fish that will die do to their stupidity.

I understand where you're coming from.. I just really don't think anything is going to change at that store.

I worked in a lfs for this summer as a job and what disgusted me is that they put like 10 bettas in jars and didnt change their water or feed them and when they died the manager just left them there to rot and the one time i tried to feed them because i didnt want them to die i got in lots of trouble because he didnt want to waste money on fish that were going to die any ways.
Another thing he did was he put bettas in with Zebra Danios and guess what their fins got ripped.
When i tried to move the betta to the tetra tank he fired me for disobeying his orders.]
Luckily that lfs closed down.

I worked in a lfs for this summer as a job and what disgusted me is that they put like 10 bettas in jars and didnt change their water or feed them and when they died the manager just left them there to rot and the one time i tried to feed them because i didnt want them to die i got in lots of trouble because he didnt want to waste money on fish that were going to die any ways.
Another thing he did was he put bettas in with Zebra Danios and guess what their fins got ripped.
When i tried to move the betta to the tetra tank he fired me for disobeying his orders.]
Luckily that lfs closed down.

what an idiot

Most reactions

Back