Another Fish To Identify....

kris-b-

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all!

firstly, sorry the pic is not very clear but I am trying to take it on my mobile as my parents have borrowed my digital camera and took it on holiday with them (how inconsiderate!! :lol: )

The fish is about the same size as my neons and is totally silver, the only noticeable things about them are that they seem to have a very rounded body and the tail looks like 2 small swords.

fish2.jpg

I have tried thetropicaltank.co.uk and also freshaquarium.about.com but these are no use unless I know the name, I've spent the last hour looking through the pictures by categories!!!

Anyway, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Well at first i would have said glowlight tetra from the pic, but as you said its all silver, possibly a scissortail rasbora? Or a silvertip tetra? It would be easier with a clearer picture. The other fish is a cardinal tetra.

Emma

Well at first i would have said glowlight tetra from the pic, but as you said its all silver, possibly a scissortail rasbora? Or a silvertip tetra? It would be easier with a clearer picture. The other fish is a cardinal tetra.

Emma
I know, the pics a bit useless but best I can do for now! I'll have a look on those sites above for the names you have mentioned and find out,
Thanks

when I looked at the picture (before reading the description)
I thought Boehlkea fredcochui cochu's blue tetra

but as you say it is silver I'm now thinking
Hemigrammus rodwayi gold tetra
which is a misnomer as they are only gold when sexually mature
so when buying them they are often silver.

Most reactions

Back