Angelfish Discharge

mhancock

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Yesterday, for the first time I fed my fish with some bloodworm from the LFS. There was some other stuff that came out of the bag which I was not too concerned about, although I was surprised at how slowly it was eaten - from other threads I thought that the fish would eat it very quickly indeed!

Then today one of my Angels (pictured) looked like its insides were coming out, like I guess a hernia or if the intestines were coming out? Looking closer, it looked like a tangle of bloodworm.

When I moved the fish to quarantine it, the stuff came off in the net and definitely did look like a clump of bloodworm in the net. The fish then seemed absolutely fine so is back in the tank and still seems quite happy and no further discharge.

So - do you think the fish just ate too much bloodworm, was the bloodworm "bad", or is there something wrong with the fish?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• IMAG0451.jpg
    IMAG0451.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0449.jpg
    IMAG0449.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 42
No replies yet - would really appreciate it if anyone could help!

Thanks,

Mark

My catfish used to expel these like that, usually in a clump. Rarely also expelled whole bloodworms and had a swordtail pooping a whole bloodworm. Probably because they are hard to digest.
Don't feed too many bloodworms to the angel and the clumping should be less noticeable when he/she poops.

My catfish used to expel these like that, usually in a clump. Rarely also expelled whole bloodworms and had a swordtail pooping a whole bloodworm. Probably because they are hard to digest.
Don't feed too many bloodworms to the angel and the clumping should be less noticeable when he/she poops.

Thank you so much, I was really worried that it may be something serious.

Thank you so much, I was really worried that it may be something serious.
If the angel gets moving worms that come out while he sits still, those would be serious. You can test and feed something else other than bloodworms and see what he poops.
But usually bloodworms come out dark brown, worm-shaped.

Most reactions

Back