Angelfish babies

Tuydark

Reaction score
hello everyone, i´ve successfully bred my angelfish, and the babies that I have now are penny size (not counting fins) and already start to show some colour, how soon or at what size can I put them in the community tank? Tank contents- The angel parents (female fully matured at around 15 cm fin to fin, laying eggs every week), a discus pair about the same size also laying eggs every week, tetras and chinese algae eaters, loads of plants.
I think they could go in right away, but the thing is that since both pairs are almost always on edge cause of the eggs, i´m afraid that since they are still learning they´re ways and such (the babies) they might get too close and get nipped or something like that. is it better to let them grow to quarter size ?

My experience has been that I can move them in with other angels as soon as they are too big to be eaten easily. The other angels seem to tolerate the juveniles better than full grown adults when they are added to the tank. I have only breed 4 batches so far so others might have more experience and better advice.

Most reactions

Back