Angel Fish

onebto

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Livestock: Angel Fish I do not know how old they are one is about 6 inches tall the other is about 4 inches tall, unknown sex.

Quantity: 2 and go as 2.

Reason for Sale: I took them on to help out a friend that inherited them but is not into keeping a tank. They are not working out in my tank and one of them is probably responsible for reducing my Cardinal tetra Shoal from 20 to 5. Although wonderful fish I have seriously gone off Angels and I do not want them in my tank any more.

Delivery or Collection: No posting! Pick up from Carshalton Surrey primarily, but will consider meeting half way if it is not to far.

Sales price: £0 Nothing I really want them to go to an aquarium that will suit them and give them a good home.

Postage & Packaging: N/A

Photograph:

SNC11777.jpg

SNC11775.jpg

The tank they came from originally was a bit of a state and had not been cleaned in a good while I think they were defiantly under fed as when I got them they grew quite quickly to the description above I have had them for about 5 months they appear completely free of disease and none of my other fish in my tank have had anything so I would consider them free of disease and in good health.

Regards onebto

Okay so no takers here on the forum so far :no:

Is there any were else I can get rid of these two?

They have to go and I really do not want to consider the last resort :crazy:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards onebto.

Hey onebto

I'm in Staines, Surrey. I'm looking to get a single angel for my tank as its only a 125l and only have space for 1. I would have to rehome my guppies as well so as to put in an angel. My tank is not a tall tank, so cant keep any veiltail's. I'm not an expert, so are your angels veiltail or scalare (regular angels)? If they are regular, i could take one unless they are a pair and you do not want to give them away individually. Let me know what do you think.

Thanks

hello Neo I am unsure to what type they are Ill have a look and see if I can work it out.

To be perfectly honest I would prefer to get rid of them as a pair but I guess I cannot be to fussy considering the situation, Ill get back to you on what sort they are :good:

Regards onebto

So far I have worked out the bottom of the two pictures above and the biggest of the two is a veil tail as for the other I am unsure and will have to spend a wile working on its to be honest I think it may also be a veil tail just a bit smaller.

A lesson learnt here, never let your heart rule your head all I wanted to do was help a friend out I said to myself why do you want Angels? I do not want Angels but they need a home :crazy: Never again

I could be interested as i'm only around croydon but in my tank i have - Pearl Gourami,endlers, cories, bristlenose and clown loach but dont know if they could be compatable or the endlers end up as dinner or any other problems i could encounter.Will need to find out first.

I could be interested as i'm only around croydon but in my tank i have - Pearl Gourami,endlers, cories, bristlenose and clown loach but dont know if they could be compatable or the endlers end up as dinner or any other problems i could encounter.Will need to find out first.

Unfortunately I have to admit the larger of the two will now have a go at any small fish it has had quite a few small Cardinal tetra and has now had a go at one or two of the slightly larger I have a nasty feeling it has got a taste for living fish if that's possible it appears so.

So all I can say is that who ever wants them will be taking them on at there own risk and the risk of other small species in the tank they are put in.

Quite a conundrum I want to get rid of them both but they are not that attractive proposition :no:

Anyone? HELP :shout:

Onebto

Sorry onebto, i couldn't take them. Wish they were scalare rather than the veiltail. Hope someone takes them. Did you try LFSs near you at all to see if they can rehome them?

No I have not tried the LFS yet I wanted to give someone on here the chance but it is looking like my next option thanks for the consideration and the idea :good:

Regards onebto

Going to bump this as I cannot find a LFS that will take them :-(

They have to go

onebto

My nephew is really interested-just moved from Carshalton, so knows where it is!!! I will pm you his phone number
Carole x

The angel in the top picture with the shorter fins is just the normal variety, the bottom picture is of veiltail. They are both koi variety in colouration. The veiltails body-wise will stay smaller but will make up for it in their fins, whereas the regulars will get bigger in body size but will remain with fairly short fins.

Lovely looking angels, I would love to take them but no room at the inn! Hope you can find a good home for them soon and that this will clear up any confusion.

~C~

Most reactions

Back