Angel Fish Won't Spawn Anymore

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zoeya

Reaction score
I have one male and one female angelsfish. They have spawned twice before, the first time they spawned on the filter and my pleco ate the eggs. The second time they spawned on the aquarium glass, i separated the parents and eggs from the rest of aquarium but the parents ate the all eggs. They have not spawned since, about 6 months ago was their last spawn.
I have moved them to their own aquarium, they were in their for one month with no signs of spawning so i put them back in their community aquarium where they have spawned twice before. I have even tried separating them for 2 days, raising the temperature, lowing the temperate, doing daily water changes feeding them frozen bloodworm 3 times a day but none of them worked. 
They are deffinatly different sexes as ive seen their papilla's.
Can anyone please help me, i've been wanting some angel fish fry for months now with no success. 

well when you spawn then you have to make sure that there is enough room (tanks) for them and where to put them after... selling etc.

i found that with my angels, after they spawn and loss the eggs, they would become very quiet. so what i would do is feed them live food such at mosquito larva... it would revive them so to speak and they would span the next month.

Most reactions

Back