Angel fish attacking BNP

mariabailey

Reaction score
Evening all
I’m looking for some advice with my new fish please…
I have an established tank and today added 2 small BNP and a blue eyed lemon. The problem is my Angel fish have taken a liking to them and are seeking them out and nipping. The Angels are not particularly big- say 2inch x 3inch, they haven’t touched any of my other fish but really have it in for these new ones.
Do you think they will settle down or should I consider another tank for the Angels? I don’t currently have one but happy to invest.
I’ve put some pics on so you can see my set up. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 19
I had my smallest angel, nip the whiskers repeatedly the other day, on my long fin albino Bushy Nose... they had been in the same tank for 6 months, & it's not bothered it since, I suspect the whiskers looked like bait... I would suspect your angel will figure out those are attached to the pleco, & leave them alone in the future... mine has

Last edited:
I had my smallest angel, nip the whiskers repeatedly the other day, on my long fin albino Bushy Nose... they had been in the same tank for 6 months, & it's not bothered it since, I suspect the whiskers looked like bait... I would suspect you angel will figure out those are attached to the pleco, & leave them alone in the future... mine has
Agreed. Angels are true opportunistic predators and may well think the bristles are worms or whatever. Also, from the images, I would think that the angels are dominant and are making sure that the newbies know who is the boss.

Most reactions

Back