American Football

My team is the Bears! lol, it was a documentary my dad brought back from the USA in the seventy's, double lol, it was on 16mm cine film, about this Animal called Butkus. those who saw him play will know what i mean. as a soccer player i was a goalkeeper, so defense was my game. despite starting my gridiron days as a fullback. injury moved me to middle linebacker, a position i loved, so in a way i got to emulate, lol badly, the guy who started it all for me.

for those who have never seen the great man play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgM4O3VcHoA

and a typical Butkus comment:
Quote:
"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important —like a league game or something." -Dick Butkus

I'll participate, but I want to make sure we're picking winners, and not against the spread. Is that correct?

I'll participate, but I want to make sure we're picking winners, and not against the spread. Is that correct?

I hope so Flumpus, i am not keen on all this "spread" stuff, just looking for clean winners, i dont think its against the spead

to enter you just need to make a £100 pay-pal payment to my email

:hyper: :shout:

just kidding, welcome aboard, hopefully the main dude Bozza will enter you

ahha only like 2 americans? i might win then....

my team is the AZ Cardinals- contenders this year
second is Baltimore Ravens- best def. ever.

o and fry lover im from Arizona, USA

nice one Pimp, i still think Jake Plummer could have been GREAT!!!

good luck this year, Matt Leinart seems the real deal, form what i have seen and read.

Flumpus: Ill enter you if you send me $100AU to my email. You got paypal dont you?? Lol. Place your bets asap as the first round is starting real soon.

Players:

Bozza
Vancouver (Need to place bets)
Fry Lover (Need to place bets)
Orange Shark
Boboboy
Masterdrummer
Pimp
Flumpus (Need to place bets)

Bozza

AM still not clear on this "away team" points, do you more points if an away team wins or something?

Ya, I don't like the away team points thing for people that don't enter their bets either. What if Indy is playing at Arizona (because someone laughably claimed they are contenders), that's not fair...

Anyway, I'll post my bets tomorrow probably.

my vote is that its just a plain 5 pts for a win and 0 points for everything else Bozza

doesn't matter whether a team is playing home, away or in the Ice Pole, you get 5 pts if the team you pick wins and thats it

but its up to the main man Mr Boz :flowers:

New Orleans at Indianapolis

Atlanta at Minnesota

Carolina at St. Louis

Denver at Buffalo

Kansas City at Houston

Miami at Washington

New England at NY Jets

Philadelphia at Green Bay

Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Tennessee at Jacksonville

Chicago at San Diego

Detroit at Oakland (which probably gives Oakland the No.1 draft pick in 2008 LOL)

Tampa Bay at Seattle

NY Giants at Dallas

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Arizona at San Francisco

my winning teams are in bold

Well i guess the mob as spoken :p I will most likely PM people if I think they might miss the cut off time for entering their bets. Cause i want everyone who is entered to play fair and continue thru with it till the end of the season.

Players:

Bozza
Vancouver (Need to place bets)
Fry Lover
Orange Shark
Boboboy
Masterdrummer
Pimp
Flumpus (Need to place bets)

Thanks to all that have placed bets

Ok, here we go... Winners in bold.

New Orleans at Indy
Philly at Green Bay
KC at Houston
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Celeveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Atlanta at Minnesota
New England at NY Jets
Miami at Washington
Tennessee at Jacksonville
Chicago at San Diego
Tampa at Seattle
Detroit at Oakland
NY Giants at Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco

In a few days. Looks like Vancouver isnt playing. Ive PM'd them aswell to post bets but they havnt so i guess we are down one already.

Most reactions

Back