Amano shrimp

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wetwetwet

GO WITH THE FLOW
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I brought 10 of these for my tank after being assured that they suitable for a community set-up,....though I'm not so sure now after 7 days.

I've seen a couple of shrimp shells/skin and can only account for 7/8 of them. I know they shed their skin, but how often would this happen and does this include the legs?

:zz: :what: :/

Do you have any Botia's or Catfish in with them?

Also Shrimp are really very good at hiding so count again lol

Yeah, I have 5 clown loaches and a rtbs, reading in the search facility and other sites it seems possible these could be to blame.

When they shed is it a small part of the exoskeleton or does it look like a shrimp (legs, body, feelers etc) but with the guts missing?

They are the masters at hidding. I buy the cheep shrimp to feed to my guys in the 55. They love me for it.

Clown Loaches EAT Shrimp did the lfs not tell you this?

If you want your shrimp to live either get them out or get the Clown Loaches out and QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry! :look:

I had to laugh because this is almost the same mistake I made! :/

I put snails in with a betta, not realising that bettas eat snails!

Have you got a spare tank you can rescue the shrimps to?

My spare tank is housing fish for a mate while he moved house (that was 5 months ago lol) - 3 malawi cichlids and I fear that their fate would be even quicker in this tank.

Pete, lfs didn't say - I asked if they were suitable for a community set-up to which he said yes. I can't remember if clown loaches were specificaly mentioned, but with them being so popular in the hobby you would have thought he wouuld have asked :=)

Most reactions

Back