All Settled In A Nice Big Tank

smallpond

Reaction score
Okay, so I went out today and bought a 10 gallon aquarium kit (and a divider) set it all up and they are doing wonderfully!
I finaly settled on names, Oscar (blue and red) and Felix (red) They have pretty much ignored eachother and mostly just cruised around and flared at their reflections. :rolleyes: :wub:

I do need to slow the current on the filter though, any ideas, or does anyone know of a good submersiable (sp?) filter that would work on a 10 gal with a divider?

Oscar
DSC_0020.jpg

Who is that handsome devil? :wub:
DSC_0028.jpg

Felix
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

For what its worth they seem a lot happier in their new home.

What types of fish would be good tank mates for them?

There in a divided tank right?
btw- lovely looking bettas i much prefor the crowntails

Yes, it is a divided 10 gal tank so they each have 5 gallons to play in. I kept getting funny looks at the store when I said I was getting one tank for two bettas. I ended up putting the divider on top of everything in the cart! :lol:

And Yes you do see a Java Fern! :D I was so happy that I found them! I bought three and a few silk plants as well. They didn't have any Java moss but I figure that even finding the fern was good, so I'm not complaining.

Does anyone know how to slow the flow of the filter or of any good underwater filters to reccomend?

I'm not sure what sort of filter you have, but with mine (a hanging thing, sits on the side of the tank), it has a knob that you can turn to adjust the flow of the intake. I Put a plastic bag over it and slipped it back in, it seems to restrict the intake a bit more.

:hyper: :hyper: fantastic fish...not sure about filter but there is a thread somewhere about it...sure someone will help...

oooh felix has a nice tail. My filter has a directional thingy on it and we have it pointing at the back of the tank which slows it down, it you have a large plant put it in front on the outlet

Most reactions

Back