All Pond Solutions Tank

Musicman88

Reaction score
Ok guys, I've recently been looking at getting a fluval Roma 200 but have come across this..... http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-1/fish-tanks/cabinet-aquarium-fish-tanks/cabinet-fish-tank-aquarium-200-litres-100cm-3-3ft-four-colours.html

Anybody have one of these or know if there any good? Also what is the built in hood filter like etc?

Iv never had either tanks in question, iv always had juwel tanks as I prefer them to anything else but for me, out of these 2 it would be the Roma hands down. The "all pond solutions" looks like a good bargain but from members reviews on here I would definitely give it a miss. Ask yourself "do I really want to save some cash but take a big hit in the build quality?" my answer to that would be NO every time. I'd much rather spend the extra and get a quality tank and stand.

Don't get me wrong the APS tanks are ok but the stands lack quality and at the end of the day your talking over 200kgs the stand has to hold every second of the day.

1 members review on here backed this up and his conclusion was "its an OK tank for the money but I wouldnt recommend one as a main display tank". For reasons such as the stand.

Fair play. I recon I will stick with the fluval, was just wondering as I've heard the external filters by aps are really good.

Iv had an APS filter. It was the 2000+EF model with the UV bulb built in. Again it was ok for the money and did the job on my 180 litre tank but again, nowhere as good as the likes of the bigger names such as tetratec, fluval and so on.

There is also a thread on here somewhere where a member tested the APS 2000 filter in a real life day to day test and found that the flow rate dropped from 2000lph (litres per hour) stated by All Pond Solutions to a pitiful 950lph (or there abouts). That's a terrible drop.

Also as I said my APS did what I needed at the time as I was on a budget but the UV bulb was awful. It only lasted a few weeks before it broke. I went through 3 bulbs in a matter of a couple of months.

Yes it was ok but I don't think I'd buy another one again. Iv owned loads of fluvals like the fx5, 406, 405, 306 and 205 but I now use 2 tetratec ex1200's on my 450 litre and find them the best overall by far :good:

I have that exact tank, and I love it :) There are some small issues with quality, such as thick silicone, but hey, at that price it's totally worth it. Over all it's a gorgeous looking tank, I have it Walnut and the cabinet is beautiful; much nicer than the old Rio 180 stand I used to have. I was desperate to upgrade, as my fish had been in an emergency 100 ltr for 6 months, and I couldn't afford a first hand juwel or branded tank. I'd had bad experiences with second hand tanks, so that wasn't something I wanted to risk again at that time. I got the APS tank when there was a discount, so got it for £240 instead of the full price. There were some slight scuffs on the lid, nothing major and not very noticeable, but APS gave me a £30 refund to make up for it. Can't fault their customer support at all.

The built in filter is alright, I run it alongside my 1000 L/H APS external, and together they do a good job. I have to clean them more often than a better brand filter, but I'm happy to do so until I can save up for a more fancy brand and model.

If you don't mind a few little quality issues here and there, then I'd totally recommend this tank :)

Each to their own as they say lol I still stand by my initial post and from previous buyers reviews and my own experience with APS, I wont be buying their brand again. Although cheaper, the likes of Juwel and Fluval are far better and likely to last a lot longer overall.

Not saying they will break in a week or a month, well, my APS filter did but I had no choice but to use it til I could afford a better brand. All I'm saying in when there are deals out there that you can't pass up I don't see why you would compromise on quality.

Take my Juwel Rio 400 for example. It's 5 foot 450 litres, I had it 2nd hand (with stand) with the receipt of purchase, an fx5 filter (again with receipt), sand, bogwood, 2 x 300 watt internal heaters, and a few other bits and pieces all for £200... And the guy I bought it off even delivered it too me in with the price :). Ok iv spent around £200 on it as well but that's for things I wanted to change to get it how I like it.. I'm rather fussy when it comes to my display tanks lol it know has black sand, 2 tetratec ex1200 filters, hydor external heater and a nice background :)

I've had my external running for about a year and 9 months now, and it's still running fine, but some things have started to go- i.e. one of the clips, the little leaver you use to lock the pipping, etc, but that could be down to my heavy handedness too :)
I do think APS can be a hit and miss at times, but so far for the money spent I've not had any bad experiences with them and would recommend them to anyone who's on a budget or even just starting out in the hobby :good:

If I wanted to go for a 5 or 6 footer how ever, I wouldn't go for an APS tank- purely because I could get a similar sized costume build from ND aquatics.

And wow, that's an incredible deal for £200!

I agree with you when you say you would recommend them to anyone starting out and/or on a budget but, if someone was in a position where they have more to spend then I would say go ahead and spend that bit more if possible.

It's good you have not had any problems :) the problems I had wasn't with the filters day to day functions as such it was the UV bulb that was in the filter. It was useless, it broke every couple of weeks.

It was a good deal I had but you would be surprised how many members on here have recently purchased rio 400 tanks and had very good deals on them. One member I recall got the tank and stand for £150 :)

The next tank I get will be from ND Aquatics. It's an 800L, 8 x 2 x 2. It will be ordered as soon as I get 2 fx5 filters for it. I'm keeping my 150L and my 450L :good:

Im definately considering buying this now, thanks for the link. Been lookign for a upgrade for a while and im on a very small budget so was looking at second hand but this looks perfect.

I also found a 10% off voucer if your intrested, its basically makes the 240 litre the same price as the 200 litre

Im definately considering buying this now, thanks for the link. Been lookign for a upgrade for a while and im on a very small budget so was looking at second hand but this looks perfect.

I also found a 10% off voucer if your intrested, its basically makes the 240 litre the same price as the 200 litre
Where is the 10% off voucher found?

Where is the 10% off voucher found?
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/allpondsolutions.co.uk

Most reactions

Back