Alge Eaters

Nope, both require tropical temperatures as far as I can remember.

Also Common plecos(which is most likely the kind your store will be selling) can grow to be over a foot long and huge are huge waste producers, they need a big tank for long-term keeping

and cories are schooling fish, so you want to make sure your tank is big enough to have a few of em'

How big is your tank? And what kind of algae problem are you having? Maybe we can help you find another way to get rid of it.

No? No? and No? I know of some people using a pleco as an algae eater in a cold tank but i would advise against it and i think that although they do clean the tank walls somewhat they add a huge bio load to any tank.

advised not but I also have heard of it before.

murph

Common plecs are fine in cold water but way too large for your tank. Shrimp are your best option. Cherry, amano or even ghost shrimp will be great. The cherries and amanos will also eat algae.

Hill stream loach maybe?I don't know much about them though.

I would personally go with a bristlenose, they tolerate cold water very well (remember the water will still be ambiant room temp so its not pond cold) They also do not get that large (5 inches Max)

I need to know can you put an alge eater or a cory cate or a pleco into a tank that is cold water?
Well they all suck!!!!!!!-get it??? really I would not put either of them in a cold tank! they are ment to be in water from 72F to 84F

ESKCarr

I would not put either of them in a cold tank! they are ment to be in water from 72F to 84F
A cold water tank in your home will run around 72 to 76 degrees depending on the ambient temperature of the room. I kept bettas in tanks without filters for quite a while as the tanks stayed around 76 just from the heat of the lights and the general room temperature.

Most reactions

Back