Algae Go Away!

ajbettle

Fish Addict
Reaction score
iv got this film of algae on my glass, it wobbles in the filter current and i cant get it off with any scrubbers! what is it and what can i use to get it off!! :S

Try to use a razor blade (but please take care). I've found a green scouring pad gets rid off all algae too - but obviously not forever.

id agree with that, a scrubbing pad, much like the one used to clean my dishes!! scrub with the scour side, wipe clean with the sponge, works a treat on the whole tank

*sparkle sparkle* :)

Just make sure that if you get it from a department or frocery store that it doest have soap in it

my algae scrubber has a rough green side!! stupid me i was using the sponge side! ill scrub with the green one and then polish off with the spongy side!!! DUURR!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
sorry about that! its like lots of lil spots, can otos clean that type of algae off (not that im being lazy ill scrub it off right away)..im thinking of gettin one or two to keep the algae down on the wood decor etc.. but im wondering what algae they eat and wether they will be happy living in my tank.. residents are (well what will be):

- 4 male guppies = 4.8 inch
- 3 pygmy corys = 3.6 inch
- and then i might get 1 otto: 1.5 inch

total: 9.9 inches , tank can have 10 inch (please dont start off anyone as iv measured and worked out tank surface area) :rolleyes: thanks everyone for help so far!!! :p

You might want to try getting a few snails to keep the glass alge free or you could figure out what is causing alge to grow in your tank, you might be over feeding or not doing enoguh water changes. I had alot of problems with alge in my 10 gallon till i got it squared away

i do 30% to 40% water change and gravel vac, glass clean clean decor every 2 weeks,

and normally do 20% water change once a week, i mean normally not all the time..

is this not enough??

ps: i have been feeding a lil to much lately due to my platy fry..WHOOOO!!!! (who are still alive!!) :fun:

the over feeding may be your problem but not much you can do about it unless you put the fry in a seprate tank

they have there own special net in the tasnk were i feed them sepretly from the greegy guppys, but i am still feeding more than usual especially as im looking after a poorly guppy from my mums tank that was attacked!! (its ownly temporerly (sp))

Those magna float type cleaners are excellent. You'll need to clean every week at least, but it takes a second and is far more pleasant than stic king your arm in with a cleaning pad.

And they float so if ot comes off, catching it is again really easy,

In my opinion best invention since flake fish food

4ft guppy can u tell me a bit more, are they the magnet ones were one side is in the tank and other outside?

maybe a pic?

Most reactions

Back